Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Favorite Diaper Clutch

DSC_0944

I decided this weekend that I needed a break from fabric sorting and organizational list making with regards to this hot mess, and just wanted to sew something.  I wasn't overly picky, I just wanted to make something that could be completed in a naptime.  A diaper clutch wasn't something I thought I actually needed up until now, but now that we are finally getting to the point that we can head out somewhere for a short time and not lug the entire Goliath size diaper bag with us, I have been thinking I could use something to stash a few diapers and wipes so that they aren't loosely floating around in my purse.

DSC_0943

Enter this adorable (if I say so myself) diaper clutch.  I checked around for a tutorial quickly and couldn't settle on something that met all my needs (small, cute, not overly time consuming to make, and didn't have a built in changing pad as I keep one of those in my car all the time anyways).  So what does one do?  Of course scour pinterest for inspiration, get to sketching and traslate into fabric!

DSC_0950

I purchased some Thermoweb Heat'n Bond Iron On Vinyl and thought this would be the perfect project to try this stuff out on.  Oh. My. Goodness.  How have gone this long without trying this stuff out!  I love it, and in fact am thinking of projects just so I can use more of this stuff.  In case you are not familiar, it turns any sort of standard cotton fabric into an oil cloth like fabric by ironing on a clear vinyl to the right  side of the fabric.  Genius.

DSC_0947

Since this little clutch was purely for my benefit (lets face it, mommy does about 99.5% of the diaper changes when out and about) I cut into my Cotton + Steel stash, as what better fabric to tote diapers and wipes around in than some super fun View Finders, and pink ones at that!

DSC_0949

I really could not be more pleased with how this turned out, and lucky for you, dear readers, a tutorial is in the works, you know in case you also want to carry diapers and wipes in style.  I want to make a second clutch and play with tweaking some of the measurements before finishing the tutorial, but it should be good to go by next week.

DSC_0948

Just a quick #honestcraftroom update, the stars have aligned, as I have convinced my hubby to take an Ikea trip with me on Saturday (I may have bribed him with his choice of lunch venues, and spun it as a date), AND my mom is free to babysit Nora for the afternoon, double score!  Hopefully by Saturday evening I will at least own the necessary tools to get organized!

Oh!  And in the name of decluttering, I have found more fabric I'm planning on destashing on Instagram in the next few days!  If you don't already follow me, I can be found here at SewCraftyJess, and my destash account here at SewCraftyJessDestash

6 comments:

  1. What a clever project. I am past the diaper stage, but I am so checking out the iron on vinyl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I keep hoping we'll be out of diapers soon but I really should make something nice like this to use in the meantime instead of just stuffing a diaper or two in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Work Fast,

    Fast and reliable solution for Herpes Cure

    I was cured from Herpes with herbal med..

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    He will give you the best..

    robinsonbucler @gmail.....com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disposable Diapers: These are convenient and easy to use. They are designed to absorb and contain moisture, keeping the baby dry. Most disposable diapers come with adjustable tabs for a secure fit.
    Thank for sharing wonderful information we had new diaper brand name Nubaby premium baby pants and diapers designed for toddlers are light and soft. Discover the ultimate in baby care with our premium diapers Nubaby diaper and pants

    ReplyDelete