Monday, November 28, 2011

{sparkly}

glitter ornaments

I'm officially in the holiday spirit.  Our tree will be up in the next few days, and I've started hauling the bins and bins of Christmas decorations up from the basement.  I've again been scouring pinterest for Christmas decoration ideas, and after coming across these awesome sparkly ornaments, I knew I had to make them.  

glitter ornaments

I absolutely adore anything Christmas and sparkly, but the worst part is that everything within a five mile radius of said sparkly decoration ends up covered in glitter.  These ornaments are the perfect solution, pretty and sparkly, but here's the secret: the glitter is on the inside of the ornament, so everything in their near vicinity doesn't become infested with glitter!

glitter ornaments

I found my glass ornaments at Michael's for uber cheap ($2.50 for a package of 6 ornaments), and used extra fine glitter.  I didn't use the Martha Stewart glitter as the tutorial suggests, but did make sure it was extra fine, and had no problems with coverage.

I cannot wait to replace my old school messy glitter ornaments with these beauties when decorating the tree this year- yay for glitter free hands!  

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm going to check the tutorial to see if it would work for a 5-year-old. Do you think it would?
    P.S. Your pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, pretty, and great idea to have the glitter on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I made these last year(?). I hate glitter all over, too, but these were fun. I still get some glitter falling out through the hanger on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, now if I could just understand Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete