Saturday, October 23, 2010

All the stockings were hung by the chimney with care

Gesh!  Has it really been over a week since I've posted last?  Where does the time go!  Anyways, I'm here, and have been crafting away, just very slowly apparently.  I've been bitten by the Christmas bug, thats for sure!  Either Christmas decorations, or Christmas gifts, thats what I've been creating. 
I found this tutorial for Christmas stockings on the Moda Bakeshop websitesome time ago, and it's been on my "to do" list, so I decided that now was the time to tackle it!

I followed the "recipe" for this mostly, but made my own pattern based off an old stocking and just added a 1/4 inch seam allowance all the way around, and I assembled the fronts of my stockings differently, but the basic construction came from the tutorial.


I used the embroidery feature on my machine to embroider the white top parts.  These actually came together pretty quickly.  Since I could not for the life of my find our stocking holders to take a picture, I "hung" them on my design wall to see what they'd look like all in a row.


I'm pleased!  They are all ready for Santa to come and fill them with lots of Christmas-y goodness!



More posts to come soon on the many WIPs that are laying around my sewing room, near completion!

I will be linking this post to AmyLouWho's Sew and Tell and Lit and Laundry's Finished for Friday.  Stop by and see other's amazing Friday Finishes!


2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Now I want to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete